Hello everyone, I am new to this group. I have decided to ta

Hello everyone, I am new to this group. I have decided to take a step for my health. Since my childhood, I feel like I am addicted to junk food. Even if I don't want them right now (which is a very rare occurrence) if someone puts any chips or dessert before me, I feel like am obliged to eat it. If I try not to, it is the only thing on my mind, sometimes I cannot even concentrate on the conversations I have if there is something on the table that I should not eat. I also eat emotionally a lot. If I go through a stressful period in my life, I do not control my diet at all and on an average day I eat chocolate three times, sometimes chips or ice cream in addition. I am not overweight, but I was also never slim. Right now I am 7 kg far away from my ideal weight. But my primary concern is changing my eating habits and my relationship with food. I notice that I don't even taste chocolate sometimes, I just eat. I don't want it to be like that. I will also go see a therapist for my problem. Also, I am trying to educate myself. I hope this group will also be helpful. I am looking forward to reading through your stories too.

1 Heart

Hi, I have the same issues. Its so much to deal with. I am not sure what 7 kgs is but I am 155 pounds and had a goal weight of 140 pounds. I got to around 145 and then put it all back on. I was so disappointed and disgusted with myself. It feels like everyone can control their weight and eating habits but me! I am so glad that you're seeing a therapist. I see a therapist too. I don't think I have an eating disorder, I just think I need to work better at having a healthy relationship with food. We will get through this together.

1 Heart

@david345 Thank you for your response! 7 kg is about 15 pounds I think, so it is the same amount that you want to lose. I know the feeling that you are the only one that can’t control yourself and people are looking at you like “what is the big deal? Just don’t eat it”. But you are not alone, even if you don’t have an eating disorder this is a real problem, and I believe we can handle it together. I got an appointment with a therapist, but I haven’t seen her yet. Do you find therapy helpful?