Hello everyone, I’m new here and really struggling with we

Hello everyone, I’m new here and really struggling with weight loss. I had my second baby 8 months ago and I lost 20 pounds after the first month but ever since then it’s like the scale hasn’t budged. I’m going crazy with weighing myself everyday and not seeing the number move. It would be nice to have people to talk to for motivation and suppport

2 Hearts

While I haven’t had a kid, I struggle with the weight loss as well. It goes down then plateaus and often goes back up. I’m weighing myself daily and am frustrated with the whole thing.

1 Heart

@Destiny2020 yes it is really frustrating. I keep telling myself that I’m not going to weigh myself today but I just do it out of habit now. It’s a hard cycle to break

I think weighing yourself daily is causing unnecessary stress since its perfectly normal for weight to fluctuate a pound or two each day or even each hour due to bloating, hormones, a large meal or salt content. I prefer to weigh myself one day a week every week or once every two weeks so that way I can concentrate more on the results I'm seeing and feeling in the gym with weightlifting and cardio rather than be upset by a scale going up a pound or down a half a pound in a day. Congratulations on your baby- you brought a beautiful new life into this world and that is great! Bottom line: I say concentrate on how you feel and look rather than picking a specific number on the scale to work to- because all of our beauty is so much more than a number on a scale that only we and our primary care physician know. I hope this helps!

1 Heart

@MiniMeltdown07 Thank you. I am going to try my hardest tomorrow to stay off the scale

Happy blessings. Definitely do the best you can with staying away from the scale for a bit. Out of sight, out of mind just for a little while. Since your goal is to lose more weight, try adding ginger, turmeric, and lemon tea. Yogi brand tea is really good also. The apple cider tea helps curve appetite. You can still eat of course but you will want to eat in small portions. Homemade smoothies are also a great option. You got this!

2 Hearts

@Lovelifer26 thank you! I will give those a try