Hello everyone! I'm new here. I've had chronic pain in my si

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I've had chronic pain in my side for a year now. Nobody has been able to figure out what's causing it. It's making me depressed. I haven't been able to work and just got denied disability last week. I don't know what to do anymore.

1 Heart

hire a lawyer and have him put an appeal in.....he gets paid when you are accepted by disability.....I have been turned down twice and am now awaiting a hearing.....keep fighting it.....I have been told it can take up to two years before they accept you.....it is amazing and so very depressing that all we want is the our own money and they give us a hard time.....also change doctors till someone can tell you just what is wrong with you...

1 Heart

kristykay I have been told so many times that there is no reason for my neuropathies. My pain is everywhere My blood work show no inflammatory process, yet my body reacts that way. Now I have arthritis and kidney disease. I am chronically depressed. Like marryanne says get a lawyer. Be sure to mention your depression and psych issues. It helps with the disability process. I can tell you more about the disability process if you want. Bye for now.

1 Heart

I was told that it will take at least two attempts at getting Social Security but it will usually require an attorney and a hearing to get it. I was also told myself personally it will take 12 to 18 months to get that hearing I live in the state of Indiana I don't know if it differs state to state. I am also in the same boat I'm in to much pain to work so I am on long-term disability that runs out in about eight months right about the time I should be getting my hearing for social Security. Hang in there they say it gets better.

1 Heart

I am very sorry about you're disability problem. I got mine the first year, but I had to see a psychiatrist and be diagnosed as depressed and anxious. It was that letter from my psychiatrist that put me over. Psych diagnosis seem to put you in favor with ss disability. Though my pain syndrome is much worse, the government thinks it's harder to fight mental problems. Bye for now.

1 Heart