Hello group, its been a few months. Ladies, please do not go

Hello group, its been a few months. Ladies, please do not go back to your abuser. I did. What did it get me, more abuse, my home broken into and my sense of security smashed. I'm trying to get a job transfer to a different state and the process is not going well. I'm an emotional wreck. So please ladies, fight the urge. Don't go back!!!

1 Heart

I have been fighting urges to go back to my abusive family for a while now. It's so hard when it's ingrained in your head to go back, try again, don't give up, etc etc. When in reality it is incredibly awful and dangerous to go back to that life. I wish you all the best and am so glad you are taking care of yourself the best you can. Thank you for your post

1 Heart

Yes it is very difficult. Some cultures put "family" on a special stand too, so it feels like you are almost outside of culture and your family when you don't "participate" which means coming under their abuse which in my case they don't admit exists and basically say I'm crazy and it's all in my head. All the while being looked at kind of weird because you don't do all the "family" things like everyone else does.