Hello. I am a 25 year old female who is about to get either

Hello. I am a 25 year old female who is about to get either a BKA or a Syme amputation. It is scheduled for June 4th, 2019 which is coming up fast. This all started about 10 years agoo when I was 15, I kept getting nueropathic ulcers on my left foot, and due to multiple bone infections, toe amputations, my doctors have reached the end of their ailities to save the foot. So I will be going through this soon, and I am trying to be brave. I really am very scared and am looking for support and encouragement from a community I am going to quickly be joining. So if youd like to talk please reach out to me.

I’m not an amputee, but that has to be terrifying. So much unknown. How are you doing?

Please keep a positive attitude, lizarose. you are young and can get through this and come out shining! i am 57 years old and had to have a below knee amputation caused by blood clots in my foot. I have also had a vascular bypass in my left leg. i have met some awesome people through my journey.

I am a full left arm amputee from a very bad car accident in 2007, I was only 17 years old. The first year I was very depressed, I did not want to do anything besides stay home, I was still in high school, because of my accident I failed a grade. Which put me in a deeper depression. But I pulled myself together and pulled through over the years. It's not going to be easy but you will learn to adapt to things and still live a normal life. Everything will be okay, you just have to keep pushing forward and know that you can still do everything you once did before your amputation. If you need any advice or someone to talk dont be afraid to reach out to me I am always here to talk.