Hello, I am new to this group. I’ve had HSV-1 for about 3

Hello, I am new to this group. I’ve had HSV-1 for about 3 years or so. I am still very uneducated about the whole thing. I just found out that you can have HSV-1 in the genitals. Is that true? Can you only transmit it through a breakout? I am in a happy relationship but I am so so scared to give it to my partner because I don’t want to spread it. I got it from an ex that I trusted and I’m not even sure if he knows he has it. Should I tell him? I know it’s been years but I just recently gotten to a place I can talk about it.

@BestieKk:
WELCOME ABOARD!
we have a free handbook for you to download and study for EVERYTHING you could want to know about both types of HSV!

there is type1 and type2. both can be either oral OR genital.

if you don't see the ***LINK IN BLUE*** Pinned at the top of the page,
here it is again:
https://westoverheights.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Updated-Herpes-Bo...

1 Heart

@BestieKk Welcome to the group. It is definitely time to get informed about the risks so you and your partner can make informed choices. Estimates vary but somewhere between a quarter and two thirds of people have some form of HSV. If you have any questions please ask. Good luck!

@JayRob40 Not to be critical, but is it two thirds or one third? One third would make more sense. Two thirds is a very large portion.