Hello, I am very new to this and honestly terrified! I can f

Hello, I am very new to this and honestly terrified! I can feel my eyes welling up as I type. I have had dyslexia from 2nd grade and I am now 39 years old. I joined this group in hopes to feel like someone understands and maybe I wouldn't feel so bad about myself.

Having dyslexia is exhausting and frustrating, believe me I know. You’re not the only one who feels that way!

2 Hearts

@Cubbilicious Thank you, I needed to hear that.

your amazing and you are perfect the way you are

2 Hearts

Sorry that you feel bad for having dyslexia. It makes no sense that schools expect us all to learn the same way. We all have special gifts to share but so many people do not understand that. Hope this site helps you become more self accepting.

1 Heart

@andine Me too, honestly I wish I could see my dyslexia as a gift, but I never have, and at this point in my life I don’t think I ever will.

Did you know that Albert Einstein had dyslexia? Having something like that does not mean you are less but instead it means that you have been given more of a challenge to overcome things than most. You may have other gifts in areas where people struggle. You are unique and there is nobody on earth like you. That is the part people want to get to know and see about you.

2 Hearts

@CanUSeeTheRealMe: Tom Cruise as well, if you like his movies. :slight_smile: