Hello my boyfriend has been diagnosed with cancer and I am s

Hello my boyfriend has been diagnosed with cancer and I am struggling finishing it really hard :'(

2 Hearts

Oh :-( That's a tough one. It brings the whole "mortalitly" thing home with such a bang that it is hard to just sail through it. Some points to ponder:

We are all going to die of something , whether it is cancer, old age, being hit by a bus, or meeting a homicidal maniac. I don't mean this unkindly, but this IS an opportunity to contemplate death. The more you learn to accept it now, the better your life will be in the future.

That said, testicular cancer has a very high survival rate, so unless it has spread all over the place the chances are good that he will be OK. Even if it has spread, there is a lot more that can be done about it now than, for example, 20 years ago. We all contain the cancerous seeds of our own destruction, regrettably, but it is possible to live well with it as a chronic condition: I speak from experience here.

Anxiety for both you and for your BF is a natural response to news of this kind. There are lots of self-help things you can try to calm yourself, such as breathing exercised, meditation etc.. If the anxiety is really bad, see if you can get your doctor to prescribe some anti-anxiety pills. I found clonazepam really effective, although it does make me sleepy.

We wish you and your boyfriend all the best, and hope this will ultimately be a strengthening experience for you.

Sorry to hear that no the easest words to be told and it's a long tiring journey with all kinds emotions lots talking understanding and different world of living as life revolves round appointments doctors don't give up stay strong positive and write everything and anything down dont be afraid ask questions

Hi Shannon1996,
How is your boyfriend doing - has he had a full diagnosis yet, and has he started treatment?