HELP! Divorcing and house troubles

Can SOMEONE tell me what I can do? I was forced to move out of my home with my 2 kids and get a restraining order against my soon-to-be-ex. Now, 9 months later and after filing for divorce, I found out they will be starting to foreclose on our house soon, because he didn't pay the bills.
I want to try to get the house, but I make minimum wage and I only make a little over the mortgage cost and 1 or 2 bills. Any advise? Would the mortgage company be willing to work with me? In this economy?
I don't want my home gone.
Any advise???

Thanks!

Yes it would be wise to call the mortgage company & let them know WHY, WHAT happened, ask for a supervisor if possible & they may or may not work out a repayment adjustment on top of the original amount due each month w/you, 9 mos. though thats tough to say, banks dont really want houses back, if your credit score is fair/good you may have a chance if not is there anyone you can get/borrow half the money due prior to talking w/the bank that way you appear to show GOOD FAITH & motivated to stop procedings. Is your name on the original DEED title???? otherwise you may need a co-signer to qualify w/you.

All my strengths.

April

House was officially listed with the realtor. So very sad, but it is just a new chapter in my life opening, right? :-)

Up Up Up, Can Only Go Up From Here... :-) Right, Shania? :-)

Just a thought, is there a family member that could afford to buy it & then place you on the deed/title w/them? Am only asking if you want to try & save it otherwise as you mentioned a new beginning. Hows it going so far? You staying w/relatives?

All my strengths.

April

Thank you April. I had thought of doing that, but it wasn't possible. I also saw how our children wouldn't go back to the house. They didn't even want to get their toys! I had to assure them that their father wouldn't be there before they would go get their things. Even then, it was so quickly done and they were scared. Obviously, something happened there with him and they won't talk to me, but I know they are happy they don't have to go and live there again... Makes me sad to see that, but they see it as moving on as well... (they are 12 and 7 yrs old)...

We are staying with my parents until I can get enough $ saved up to get an apartment... We will get through this as well as anything else thrown at us... :-) Kids and I are strong ans we have each other. I can only hope my soon-to-be ex's family is there for him like mine is here for me... :-) I have the best family support!!!

How wonderful to have your parents to lean on. Do try & build a little credit in your name only as that will assist you to your goal quicker. One can get a secured major creditcard w/a small deposit & then by making a little over the monthly payment (if you make small purchases) you'll build a nice credit score for your future if you ever need to buy a car or a home again. Please get you name on the deed/title if you ever get married again & buy a house that way you'll have more leverage.

Stay as strong as you are.

April