Help pleasee

so i just got diagnosed with the beginning stages of an eating disorder in september and things have been going pretty well. Well i have constant weigh ins and i have no idea what i weigh and it really didnt bother me until like the past two weeks. i look in the mirror and want to cry. to make things worse my best friend is sort of triggering things to get worse because she keeps asking if shes fat or what she should have plastic surgery on, i keep telling her that this bothers me and that she doesnt need to change herself in anyway but she keeps doing it. i know its only the beginning but ive been trying really hard and im scared that im going to go back to abusing laxatives and restricting. bascially, im scared of myself and my thoughts towards my image. any advice? thanks<3.

welcome to support groups!!!!!!!!

love
maureen

thankss<3

hey mikayla,

good for you for reaching out for help. you'll find alot of loving, supportive people. does your friend know about your diagnosis? you need the least amount of triggers right now. hang in there hun...

she was accually the first person i came to when i thought i might have an ed and she said i was over reacting. i ended up telling one of my other good friends who has an ed too and about 2 weeks and 4 doctors appointments later i was diagnosed. but yes i did tell her when i got diagnosed and she didnt really care, she has depression and is really wrapped up in herself right now, which i can understand…i just wish shed stop asking questions like that, when i said that to her she said i just wanted attention. shes a great friend and i dont want to end our friendship but i just dont know if i can handle the drama right now.

that's a tough place to be. when i became depressed, i had a friend who was depressed herself. we would try to help eachother but we both really needed someone to be our rock. we weren't right for eachother. i just had to tell her that, i said i still wanted to be friends, we just need to go our seperate ways for awhile until we're in a better coping place. do you think that would help? knowing she was still your friend, but just keeping it at pleasant conversation for awhile?.....

i'm glad you have another friend who can understand you. cling to the friends who lift you up.

that helps a lott, thank you<3.

you're totally welcome, i'm happy to help. let me know if you need anything else.