Hey all! Needed some guidance - I just took my last valtrex

Hey all! Needed some guidance - I just took my last valtrex this morning at 11am and I was wondering when I can relax and enjoy a beer with my friends. My OB has healed up but this is my first time on valtrex and don't want to make any rookie mistakes.
Also I read i should stay away from caffeine and alcohol because it triggers OBs but i survive on caffeine and i do love my weekend drinks. Any tips or recommendations? Thanks again friends!

@M_Skywalker_
whether you take meds or not, you will ALWAYS contain the virus and can shed so proceed with caution! common sense is key here.

as for caffeine & alcohol, there are many triggers which are relative to EACH INDIVIDUAL! everyone reacts differently.

my recommendation is to start a spreadsheet listing all activities and things consumed when you notice an OB or Prodrome innuendos starting. you will narrow down and **Customize** your own menu of what triggers M_Skywalker! only YOU will know.

fyi: for me, unusual fatigue is a DEAD GIVEAWAY that something is on the horizon! my body uses all its energy to combat the intruder therefore i get fatigued and know to hunker down and "Take 'Er Easy"!!

@a_survivor yay this is awesome information! :slight_smile: Are signs of beginning OBs different for everyone? I heard of tingling or swollen lymph nodes! I apologize for any silly questions im just trying to get an understanding of everything ;-;