Hey guys hey guys. Sos. I don’t feel like my therapist can

Hey guys hey guys. Sos. I don’t feel like my therapist can handle a patient with BPD but I love her so much and I know she loves me. What in the world do I do?

1 Heart

I don't know. Aside from when I was in therapy with USM, where they diagnosed me, I have been to a number of therapists and not one has treated BPD,. I have still benefited, though, and think it's a good thing to not make BPD the centerpiece after all, I think that those of us who have BPD are the inl t ones who really understand. Talking in out helps

*only ones who really understand

You could look for another therapist and make an appointment. Then just don't make any more appointments with your current one. People come and go in their office all the time they are use to it, it's part of the job. I'm sure she's a good therapist but I'm sure there are areas she isn't very experienced in and there's nothing wrong with that. Just make some calls and ask if they have any therapist that have experience with BPD. You can look on the websites of different places see if they list conditions they treat.

2 Hearts

@Fohb460. Yes, good idea!