Hey Guys! I've been waking up in the middle of the night and

Hey Guys! I've been waking up in the middle of the night and feel unable to go back to sleep since a month now. There are some good days when I get to sleep 5 hours straight before waking up (which rarely happens) and the other days are worse, like yesterday I got just an hour of sleep. This is the first time in my life that I have experienced such prolonged sleep issues. I feel so helpless in the night that I start crying sometimes. Here to seek some support. Would love to hear from you all.

I could not function like that. I need medication. Lack of sleep caused lots of problems for me. Even with medication I have encountered inconsistent sleep.

@Scat I can empathize, as I have had insomnia going on three years now. I just got out of the hospital yesterday ( I was in hypertensive crises ) and the cardiologist told me to get my anxiety and sleep issues under control. Of course, he didn't say how! I see my PC doc today and hopefully he can help. I have already tried medication for sleep, but nothing works. I suggest you get some help soon, before your blood pressure starts going up due to lack of sleep and all the anxiety that goes along with it. Sorry to hear you have this complication added to all of your other worries. Stay strong, sister.

@Marinewife Sorry, that post was for @Saga26