Hey guys! Today sucked. I talked during a test and I got yel

Hey guys! Today sucked. I talked during a test and I got yelled at I was thinking all day that she gave me a zero. I went in her classroom with my friend and I have bad social anxiety, so my friend forced me to say sorry, but I wanted her to do it for me. I started to cry and I said that I was sorry and I was so close of having a panic attack or I think I did. I was shaking and couldn't breathe a little. I think that people hate me. I'm afraid to do stuff around people because they judge. Life is just so hard for me right now. Thank god I have no school for 2 weeks. I don't know what to do.

2 Hearts

School is difficult for so many different reasons - socially and academically. There's a lot to navigate every day and when you're not on top of your game in terms of confidence, it's that much harder. NO ONE at your age has all the confidence you think they do. If you think they do--- I promise you, they're just really good at faking it. I suggest that you start to picture everyone naked. I'm just kidding, I know you do that already. Ha ha. Kidding. One thing that helps me be a bit more zen in my life --- understand that EVERYBODY is struggling - all the time, every day. You don't know what to do? Two weeks off school? First, shake all your christmas gifts to see what's inside. Once you've determined that it's all broken glass --- go relax and watch a couple dozen movies. Then go make a snowman. If there's no snow -- do mime routines in your front yard for an hour. By the way, I'm sure the teacher appreciated that you apologized and has experience dealing with kids and KNOWS you have anxiety and will take things like that into account when grading your test. In college I had a nutty professor who would whisper the answers to me when she could see I didn't know the answers on a test. She drank too much cough syrup too. So study hard, go to college and maybe you'll get one of those cough syrup drinking professors!

@LizaBLUE thank you. My teacher didn’t give me a zero thank god. That’s why she’s one of my favorite teachers

From Anxiety & Panic Disorders to Social Anxiety