Hey Well, I am trying to lose weight. I have tried various

Hey
Well, I am trying to lose weight. I have tried various times and failed. My sister and best friend have been successful though. I find it mortifying to try and go out with them because I'm always compared to them. It hurts. But most importantly, I want to accomplish this for myself so I can feel more confident in my own skin. I am however, unable to attend a gym so the only plan I have in place right now is to run as far as I can tomorrow which I suppose is not a very good plan. But I sincerely don't know how else to go about it. :(

1 Heart

hugs and support to you! Real change is change that is slow enough to create enduring habits, small steps that are easy to continue. Crash diets don't work because we end up eating too little, or exercising in a way that isn't healthy or isn't possible to maintain. What type of food is available to you? are you in a position to cook, or make a meal plan? do you have supportive friends and family who can help you along. Stay strong and amazing. we are here for you.

1 Heart

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I deeply appreciate it.
Not much food really, just like the basics: beef, chicken thighs and some veggies. Yes I can cook for myself but only for about two weeks then I wont control my meals anymore because I'm going on a family vacation(which is going to make everything much harder because I will not be able to exercise during that time and I wont be controlling the meals). And no I do not have anyone to support me currently because of other problems :(.

1 Heart

@Noeliiah You didn’t put on the pounds overnight, so you aren’t going to lose it that way. Please take it one day at a time. Everybody loses weigh differently, please don’t compare yourself, to your sister, and her friend. Dieting never worked for me, when I changed my lifestyle, that eventually worked. Firstly, you have to start eating healthy, and have an exercise regime. You are going on a family’s vacation, it’s going to be difficult to eat healthy. Yes, certainly you can watch, what you eat, have smaller portions. You can do some simple exercises in your room, and on mornings go for a little walk. Every little bit of exercise counts, until you return home. Confidence is not something we were born with, it’s something we have to strive for on a daily basis. You can be confident at any size. Its a personal thing, and being confident is all about you, and how you feel about yourslf. Yes, be comfortable in your own skin! I believe true beauty, radiates inside, out! Be strong the best is yet, to follow… SG friends here, to support, and be supported.

Ditto to what's already been said. Give yourself time, the weight didn't go on overnight so allow yourself time to lose it in a healthy way. Find an activity you enjoy and do that for exercise. There are many free workouts online, a gym isn't necessary at all. And just eating more healthy and observing portion control will help you start shedding pounds. You can do it! And we're here to support you.

1 Heart

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. I start running tomorrow. Wish me luck :)
Again, thank you again for your support. Looking forward to sharing my progress with you

1 Heart