Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has a similar situatio

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has a similar situation as mine and am interested in hearing any input you have. Basically I was diagnosed with early menopause (or premature) at the age of 38. I'm 41 right now and have been on bioidentical hormones for the past 3 years, of varying doses. Over the last 3 years I've had erratic bleeding, some months like a normal period and then several months of nothing. When the bleeding all started I did have an ultrasound and there were no abnormalities so my OB continued to try and adjust the levels of estrogen and progesterone to see if that helped. Today I had an appointment to discuss the bleeding again and my doctor decided the next step would be to have a biopsy done so she took a sample of my uterine lining. I won't know the results for a week, but it should tell us if there's any abnormal (cancer), polyps, fibroids, or just normal uterine tissue. I'm wondering if anyone out there has had similar bleeding issues while on hrt and if so, what has been your course of action? Did you continue with the hormones? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 Heart

Hi honey I don't know how many are in this group that are dealing with this. I am so sorry you are going through of this right now. Have you tried to take any natural things for the condition I know that I so believe in natural remedy's xo

1 Heart

@Jennipain Hi there, I haven’t tried anything natural yet, but was hesitant to start the bioidenticals when I did. I always considered myself someone who avoids drugs of all kinds and talked to several different OB’s about my concerns and desires to keep it more natural. Unfortunately each doctor said the same thing-- hormone therapy is highly recommended for your situation, to help prevent premature osteoporosis, heart disease, etc. Because of the erratic bleeding I keep wondering if I’m actually in full blown menopause and have talked to them about having me go off stuff and having labs drawn. My current doctor said it would be fine to do, but she feels I would have all the same symptoms again as I had 3 years ago–hot flashes and insomnia to name a few. I’ve also set up an appointment to meet with someone who is more of a naturalist/nutritionist next week to explore more thoughts on all this stuff. Thank you for your message! If you don’t mind me asking, what are some of the natural remedy’s you use/recommend? Thanks so much! Michele