Hi everyone! New here. Just got my diagnosis 2 weeks ago. I

Hi everyone! New here. Just got my diagnosis 2 weeks ago. I know a few people who have HSV as well and are both in relationships. It's hard to think about having the disclosure conversation. I have a date tonight and I'm already coming up with excuses to end it early. Eeeeshh this sucks.

@LIfeofLola:
WELCOME ABOARD! you are amongst the majority here!

fear not!! for all you know, your date may have it as well!!! for the most part, as i've stated in a previous comment, i wouldn't even bring up the topic. AND i would put your foot down and make it CRYSTAL CLEAR that YOU are calling the shots here! and SEX is not the topic at this time...

here is a post from our past about "Dating":
https://www.supportgroups.com/herpes/dating-everyone-has-their-different...

lifeoflola
Welcome...
Soooo...by reading your comment, you are planning or thinking about disclosing your condition right away...WHY?... let the relationship marinate and see where it goes. The other person need to show you his /her true colors and if you right off the back disclose your skin condition then you did not give your self a chance to see if it was worth it because you could have educated the person slowly without giving the goods. Listen, I am a guy, and we like the challenge, even though I KNOW we all humans and the desire is strong, however the more we wait, the stronger the grip I mean the wants, I mean you know what I mean lol...
Any ways, good luck and know we are here to support each other...

2 Hearts

@T_ON_LINE I appreciate your input and I definitely wasn’t planning on divulging all the info right off the bat. But the potential of having the conversation in the near future is scary.
The date did go well, a lot of good convo then we got stoned and he was the perfect gentleman. Just a kiss before parting ways.