Hi, Having a tough morning so far. My first week of CBT &

Hi,
Having a tough morning so far. My first week of CBT & DBT classes have been difficult. I knew they would be, but I didn't expect them to be this tough. Putting into practice what I've learned is exhausting and it crossed my mind this past weekend to just give up and forget about the whole thing. The constant mood changes, depression, anger and fear have gotten me twisted into a million directions and they are already wearing me out. I just want to give up. I'm also coping with rheumatic heart disease and 2 heart surgeries, from the rheumatic fever I had when I was about 4. Neither my parents nor my older sibs thought about taking me to a doc. It felt like a million shards of glass in my joints and I couldn't stop screaming from the pain. It was then that they took me to a doc for a shot of penicillin. By then, it was already too late. The damage had been done. I'm physically and mentally exhausted all the time. I don't know if I can manage. So tired, confused and alone. Just don't know.

2 Hearts

i m taking DBT classes and its like a full time job trying to put them into practice and live out the stuff i learn,,, trying to accept the thoughts and the feelings instead of fighting them .. fighting with myself is too tiring

1 Heart