Hi! I haven't been on here in a long time. I wanted to kno

Hi! I haven't been on here in a long time. I wanted to know if anyone has insomnia and has a hard time taking their Rybelus (diabetic pills) in the morning due to the fact you have to fast to take it? I've been a type 2 diabetic for 22 years. I am no on an insulin pump, Metformin, and Rybelsus. I have insomnia so I don't sleep for long, if I sleep at all. I'm having a problem fasting (No food or water) for 4 hours before the Rybelsus. I can't go that long without water. I drink a lot and often. Does anyone have a suggestion to get past this hurdle? So I can adhere to my medicine regime.
I appreciate anyone who can help. Thank you.

Hi there! I would talk to your doctor about this, maybe there could be a better medication guide. Or maybe they can help you with your insomnia or both.

High blood sugars will cause dehydrating and increased thirst. Any time your blood sugar is over 200, it pulls water out of your body making you thirsty. I recommend checking your blood sugar at night before sleep and again first thing in the morning. Chances are you are staying over 200. This means you are at risk for complications from uncontrolled sugars AND you need a medication adjustment. I'm not indicating insulin but you need to take it seriously to improve your health in the future.
Rybelsus does not have the side effect of insomnia, BUT having to urinate multiple times each night will disrupt your sleep.

Post script: If you feel like your insurance does not allow testing more than once a day, Then buy a generic glucometer and their test strips for less than $20. Record the information and take it to your provider. DO NOT expect the results to be the same. The generic meters are NOT standardized. But they will give you the data you need.

@Juliacde - Thank you. I just became qualify for a Dexcom 6. It is helping. My sugars were way out of whack. I hope this will help me.