Hi! I’m new to this group support! Let me tell you about w

Hi! I’m new to this group support! Let me tell you about what’s going on with my hormones. I a few years ago had a partial thyroid removal. Been on meds and it’s been ok. But now about 6 weeks ago my hair started falling out with the hair bulb attached. I went for blood work and all is good with that but my doctor can’t figure out why the excessive hair loss. So I’ve resorted to seeing a homeopathic. I went for a scan on Tuesday which indicated i had thyroid problems along with menopause symptoms. Also was informed that my stress level is elevated too. I am on homeopathy remedies that I’m hoping will start to clear things up or balance my hormones again. Has anyone experienced excessive hair loss and how did you manage? I am turning 44 soon and just worried that the hair loss won’t stop. I know stressing about it won’t help but that’s why I’m here for support :)

1 Heart

Hello Tammy and welcome to the group! I'm so sorry to hear that you are going thru so much!
What kind if remedies dies the homeopathy above you doing?
I did have a problem with a lot of hair in my brush when I brushed it but since using 10000mcg of super biotin daily and using natural progesterone cream, it has been a lot less. And my hair grows like crazy!
Managing stress during menopause is a tricky one..,seems like everything gets us going, and very easily too! Ask you homeopathy about using magnesium to help with anxiety and mood swings,
Glad you found our site for support and hope you stop in often!
I have recently begun speaking at a local menopause support group at our church and have a meeting tonight but should check back in after I get back home or in the morning. Take care

Hi Mechele! Thank you for replying first of all:) The homeopathy has me on a few things. First I am on a cream called NatraGest. It is a progesterone cream that I use for 3 weeks straight then 1 week off. Then I am taking SAMe which is a mood support and supports liver health as well as musculoskeletal health. Then NeuroPure for emotional balance and mood stability. It promotes production of serotonin and dopamine. Also Adapten-All for my endocrine health. He then has me on a few remedies that are in drop form and those are.. Utlimate Rescue Homeopathic support of stress and trauma, Lachesis for hot flashes, irritability and related menopausal symptoms. Thyro-code which balances hypo/hyper thyroid patterns. Oh and Oligo-Iodine to help metabolic imbalances. I know it sounds like I’m a basket case with what I am taking but I do carry around a lot of stress and worry which I think is playing havoc on my health.

1 Heart

@Tammy49228 good morning Tammy., sounds like your homeopathy is on the right track!
I have also researched ways of lowering my chemical estrogen exposure …there are so many products out there that are hormone and endocrine disruptors.
I too carry a lot of stress, which used yo cause a lot of tension between my neck and shoulders blades…I started using organic magnesium oil spray and haven’t had a single pinched nerve in my neck since I began using it 6 months ago which is something that happened quit often before I began using it.
I have learned that 80 % of the world’s population is deficient in magnesium because of the way our foods are processed and the soil they are grown in. magnesium plays a giant role in over 300 bodily enzyme functions, most of them nerve, brain and heart related. I believe that is why there is so much anxiety and depression our world today, since I’d been using magnesium, my emotions are more easily controlled, anxiety is at an all time low, (even when I am seriously stressed!) and my mood swings have been so easy to control as well. Wish I’d known this bit of info a whole lot sooner that I found it!
Hope you get control of your your thyroid quickly… glad to hear your Dr is using progesterone! That can help so many things and even prevent osteoporosis and all female cancers!
Hope you have a great weekend!

He did state that I shouldn’t have to take a good portion of these after my nervous system gets in balance..at least I hope not!

1 Heart

Hi thank you for your info. My main concern is my hair loss my son is getting married in eight months and I just picture myself being bald way before then. I know people tell me it’s just hair but I’ve always been the one that has had beautiful flowing hair. I am actually going and getting it cut today which I’m a little nervous about. My hair right now is down to the middle of my back but looks so choppy since I have lost so much hair so I’m hoping getting it cut it’s going to be of benefit

1 Heart

@Tammy49228 the super Biotin is really going to help you… at least you won’t have chunks of hair coming out at a time. Mine stopped thinning and although has not gotten thicker fordgrow long very fsdt. I have always had very long hair as well and would feel naked without it!

I wonder if i can take super biotin with the homeopath I’m taking?

Welcome Tammy 49228 - Hope your work with the homeopathic is helping you. I have thought of doing that myself. Most of the doctors I have seen about medical issues reach for the prescription pad even though I tell them that I do not want medicine. I would rather find a natural way to deal with things.

1 Heart

Well let me tell you one thing I have only been on five consecutive days of the homeo pathic remedies. Let me tell you I sleep better have not had hot flashes And just over all feel better. My husband even made a comment last night about I’m not or appear to be so stressed. So I just keep believing that it is working. Have not noticed any change in my hair loss but I also know it’s not gonna happen overnight.

1 Heart

@Tammy49228 yay Tammy!!! I’m soooo happy for you that the remedies your homeopathic Dr has you using!!!
The one thing I did on top of using natural remedies was watch my chemical estrogen exposure! This is found in so many of our health and beauty aids, some shampoos and conditioners, lotions, cosmetics, perfume, air fresheners, plastic and household cleaning products. The more natural we can do things, the better! Chemical estrogen magnifys all our symptoms so badly!!
So glad to hear that you are doing better!!

Hey Tammy, how is it going with the remedies your homeopathic Dr has you on?
Hoping you are feeling more like Tammy! Lol

Hi there! I am feeling better yes, still having hair loss but I’ve only been on the remedies since dec 12 so still early. Haven’t had hot flashes at night which is a good thing! Mood swings yes but I’m dealing with those too. I did go for s complete blood work so hopefully my results will show if I’m in Peri or full menopause. How to you?

1 Heart

@Tammy49228 I’m doing great! I started the New Year off with a 4 mile walk on the treadmill yesterday and headed for more hours f the same here shortly. Walking really keeps my moods calm and even.
You might ask your homeopath about a saliva test to check your hormones, it is much more accurate than blood work. Our hormones drop every 12 hours so by the time your blood work is done, just a couple of hours later they drop drastically and the tests they took don’t tell the true tale.
Yes, it will take some time for the super Biotin to help your hair loss. I use 10000mcg a day. It took a couple of months but I started noticing less hair in the shower drain and less in my hairbrush. Vitamin K is also supposed to help with hair loss but I haven’t tried it.
I’m so glad you are using natural remedies over HRT! Any time we can control things without using dangerous medical ways is a good thing!
My Drs idea of treatment for perimenopause was antidepressants, tranquilizers and cancer causing HRT! In 3 weeks, I was such a mess I couldn’t function, had horrible thoughts of worthlessness and self hate and when I actually looked up the side effects of the HRT he gave me, I was smart enough to throw it all in the garbage and start researching natural ways of getting myself thru this!
I take about a dozen different supplements everyday and if I skip them or forget, by noon I feel cranky and tired with no energy,
I feel very grateful to have found enough patience to help myself thru this mess! And more than grateful to be able to share the knowledge I have gained thru this with others.
I have recently began speaking at a local support group at church and what a turn out! Over 50 women there at our last meeting! And some of them in their mid 30s! Perimenopause is starting earlier with some women because of all of the chemical estrogen exposure we get.
Great to hear from you and I hope you keep stopping in and keep us posted on how you are feeling!!

Good morning! Got the results from my lab work last week and everything is looking good. She did say that the lab work did not show I was in menopause so she said it could be that it’s the early stages. Which from what I’m understanding blood work can’t detect it early. In a few days I will be officially on natural homeopath for one full month. I am still having hair loss so I’m hoping that will start to get in control. I am still not having hot flashes at night or anytime throughout the day thank goodness for that. Mood swings yeah I get them I run a restaurant so there’s days I can tear everybody’s head off. :-) My biggest thing that I had going on besides the hair loss was how much stress and anxiety I carry. With work a daughter in college and a son getting married I just get overwhelmed and try to solve everybody’s problems. Which now I’m realizing what a toy has taken on me. I did go to the doctor when she did my blood work and talk to her about natural remedies. She was all for it which made me happy :-) she said whatever is working don’t stop so that was good to hear. I talked to my homeo path yesterday to talk to him about adding biotin so he should be getting back to me hopefully today. I am so grateful for this group and especially you Michelle for all your knowledge and support :-) talk to you soon have a great day!

1 Heart

@Tammy49228 hey there! Sorry It took so long to respond…work has been crazy this week!
Wow, you too are one busy woman! Just runnign that restatant must be very stressful without the rest of you responsibilities piled on top. Yeah, I had to take a break from solving everyone else’s problems and focus on my own during the height of this nasty hormonal ride. Im glad i did so i could focus on what i needed to do for me! Tyr and let your family knownthat you are going thru some hormone issue that are making you feel stressed and anything they can do to help ease the stress on you will benefit THEM, lol
Have you heard back about the biotin? I wouldn’t think it should be a problem but it’s always nice to check it out with the person who is counseling you thru this. I sure hope you get good results from your homeopaths plan of attack!
Are you getting any exercise? I k nwo how helpful a 30 minute walk is for me! It actually helps me with more energy, less stress and more even moods.
I sure while you can get control of you hair loss… I k nwo since I began using super biotin, my hair grows really fast and I dont have NEAR the hair in my brush that i was having.
Do you get any time for yourself? It is sooo important to find a few minutes just for YOU,

Thank you Mechele for you info! I talked to my homeopath and he said they don’t sell biotin but said it would be great to take. Told me to find a better quality kinda like you get what you pay for kinda thing. If you have one that’s $10 in you have one that’s $20 he said by the one that’s $20 it would be a better quality. So where do you get your super biotin at?

1 Heart

@Tammy49228 that’s awesome that your homeopath said you can use he Biotin! I actually use a brand found at Walgreens. Nature’s Bounty 10000mcg a day. I wait till they are BOGO and pick up a couple of bottles at a time. The bottle is green with a green and white label.
I hope it helps you!!

Have you tried any of the natural thyroid meds such as Armour or Tirosint?

1 Heart