Hi! Im 20 yrs old and I'm not yet amputee but their is a gre

hi! Im 20 yrs old and I'm not yet amputee but their is a great chance I will be. I trained handball professionally for 4 years (i signed contract when i turned 16) and during one match i injured my right fist really bad. I had one surgery but it wasn't very succesfull. Now i live with pain in my fist every single day. Some days are better, some worse, sometimes i wake up during the night because of the pain. Guess i just want to talk to someone who has similar experience, similar age cause i really want to know how do you cope with it? I have many friends and also my family is very nice but i do not feel comfortable talking to them cause I was always the strong one and I just can't tell them how much this affects me, I always act like it's nothing, like the hand isn't hurting cause I think it's easier for them esspecially for my mom. In the end I'm just looking someone I don't know to talk to.

1 Heart

I found myself inspired by a movie called "Regarding Henry." It has some great messages in it.

1 Heart

Sorry for your situation. ABK for 3 years. I know it is not the same part of the body,but the questions will probably alway's be the same. I am 65 and my wife is 72. 43 years of marriage. I find it hard for her to grasp all the changes I have to go through. I work hard at getting back to my old life,but really find it hard to believe I can do it. Sme of the things I am curious about do not interest her at all. The thing is,patience is what I try to reach. I am very irritable most of the time. Hope getting to chat with people like us will help.