Hi, I'm a breast cancer survivor. Headed to the dermatologi

Hi, I'm a breast cancer survivor. Headed to the dermatologist to see if I have skin cancer now. Is there anyone here that had a recurrence later in some other unexpected way? After my ordeal, the doctor was keeping an eye on my lungs for awhile. He thought if I got it again, it would more likely be there, like it was with my mother. You know how your life is just never the same after that diagnosis. If you're in second stage or beyond, you know there is always that feeling it's lurking waiting to pounce, any day, any time, any where, any how. But you learn to live with the not knowing and get to be okay with it. And then even at times you start to get really hopeful maybe it won't come back or maybe you dodged it, or maybe it'll be years down the road. My only prayer was I'd live long enough to see my youngest turn 18 and graduate. AND I DID!!!

3 Hearts

When do the results come in Scat, I am so sorry you have to go through the fear and worry again!

Don't even know what will happen. I'm supposed to see the dermatologist, Monday. Back when I had to get a second opinion for breast cancer, I was stuck having a biopsy right then and then boom, the terrible diagnosis. My sister had breast cancer years ago but caught it early. She's going next Wednesday to find out if she has cervical cancer. Concern for her is she's raising her disabled grandson. He has no one but her and I'm to sick to care for him too. : (

AWWWW, I FEEL YOU. I USE TO BE SO DEPRESSED ABOUT NOT BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP BECAUSE I KNEW IT WOULD LEAD TO SEX. THEN I SAID TO MYSELF, "SELF, JUST DON'T HAVE SEX!"
SO I ALLOWED MYSELF TO DATE. THEN AS USAUL, IT IS HARD TO FING A GOOD MATURE MAN OUT HERE THAT I COULD BE SERIOUS WITH. I HAVE JUST GIVING UP ON DATING ALL TOGETHER BUT, I DON'T WANT TO. I WANT MALE COMPANIONSHIP. I WANT TO JSUT LIVE LIFE AND HAVE FUN AND TRAVEL. NO SEX NEEDED! MY POINT IS KEEP LIVING WHILE YOU ARE ON THIS SIDE OF THE DIRT. YOU CAN STILL BE YOUR GREAT SELF WITHOUT THE BIG H HOLDING YOU DOWN. YOU CAN DO IT! WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! :))

1 Heart

I think that all you can do is try to focus on your self care, body massage, yoga etc. and when the appointment happens it happens. There can be times when people never have cancer again, but I think it's really important to evaluate your diet and habits. Cancer doesnt come out of nowhere, yes you may have predispositions to it genetically but there is always some triggering thing. So it's important to make self care really high on your priorities. I think you can beat it. Especially skin cancer. Dont give up lovey.

1 Heart

No cancer, went to the dermatologist, and it was just age spots, thankfully.