Hi, Im Mc. I have scoliosis caused from an extra vertabrae Hi, Im Mc. I have scoliosis caused from an extra vertabrae

Hi,
Im Mc. I have scoliosis caused from an extra vertabrae that fused to my hip while it was half formed giving me and extra rib as well
I look like a crooked stick and i hate it. I go to a chiropractor and have gone to physical therapy twice now for around five months each. Each morning i feel like I've been hit by a semi tuck,i don't know what else to do. I'm hypermobile so my spine never stays in place after i visit the chiropractor. My own mother called me a broken puzzle with some missing pieces. Sorry for the rant,please help(:V)

1 Heart

Have you gone to an orthopedic surgeon for this? My daughter has scoliosis and based on all of the research we did, chiropractors, yoga, exercise won't fix it - although yoga does help strengthen the muscles which is very important. Having strong core muscles is incredibly helpful to anything with the spine. At any rate, my daughter ultimately had to have surgery. It was painful, I won't kid you, but she is doing great now. Taking 6 dance classes and the pain which used to wake her during the night b/c she simply wasn't comfortable, is gone. good luck

What degree was her spine at? I take gymnastics and dance so i have a pretty strong core. And no I've never been to an orthopedic surgeon, my curve is nine up top and sixteen on the bottom, it doesn't sound bad but I'm underweight so everything sticks out