Hi:) I'm new here and looking for support to continue my rec

Hi:) I'm new here and looking for support to continue my recovery. I hate talking about this sort of thing with my partner, family members, friends, etc. because truthfully I feel shame, so I'm hoping this platform will be helpful. I was bulimic for 5 years and have been in recovery for the past 2, and sometimes I do fine, but other times I get into the habit of binging again. This past week, for example, I binged almost every day, and I can't seem to get over it. It may be because of my stress and anxiety over classes, but I want nothing more than to feel in control again. For a few weeks this past summer I practiced intuitive eating, and it was amazing, I had never felt more "normal", but it somehow always ends with me relapsing. I'd love any advice I can get and will do my best to give some in return.

After losing 15 pounds i recently backslid. One approach does not seem to work for me. What things have you tried?
And what is "intuitive eating"?

Intuitive eating is this amazing way of eating where you really pay attention to your body's hunger and fullness. You have to honour your body with the food you want to eat when you want to eat it (so no food rules), but listen to when you are full and respect that. I highly encourage looking into it; it really helped me for a while and I'm trying to practice it again now. I've also tried keeping a food and mood journal, but because of my history, it turned into tracking calories, so I stopped that immediately. I've also tried getting back into working out, in a healthy way of course, but I always end up falling into old habits and get too competitive with myself. It's my mind set that needs to change, but I don't know how to do that just yet.

@alexistf

I can’t do intuitive eating then.
I would eat ding dongs and cupcakes all day. Well, that’s what my body keeps telling me. Lol
I’ve lost weight by starvation, walking alot, counting calories, high protein/ low carb/ low fat, only fluids, and having a baby. :slight_smile: