Hi, I'm new here, been having a rough few months and I'm not

Hi, I'm new here, been having a rough few months and I'm not sure how to get myself out of it. I'm overwhelmed by my "singleness" and doing everything alone. Part of me says if this is what my life is going to be then get on with it and try to be happy but my version of happiness includes what I don't have and I don't know if I can move on. I can feel myself pulling away from family and friends because it's hard to be surrounded by other happy people when you feel like you have nothing. I'm not sure what I hope to get out of this other then maybe knowing I'm not the only one who thinks this way...

6 Hearts

OK, first have you been to a counselor or therapist? Has anything happened in recent months? Are you young, old? Give us more other than just how you feel. We're here to listen and help if we can.

I totally understand. Loneliness can be rough and quite tormenting if there is no relief. It can be hard to be around happy people as it can can remind you of what you don't have. But please know that you are likely a strong person to have endure what you endure. Many people do not understand how devastating prolonged loneliness can really be.

I get it. Being alone is very difficult. I have been alone for 2 years now after a 33 year relationship. I hate it, and I hate that she moved on right away with someone else....I find it very sad and lonely doing everything alone all of the time!

2 Hearts

You're not the only one. I'm right there with you. :)

1 Heart

I too can relate. I have been single for much longer than I thought I would be. I got divorced 11 years ago and have had a couple of relationships in that time but am single, I haven't had a boyfriend in 4 years now. I have decided it's ok because it has to be. For whatever reason(s) this is my life and my path. I can't make a relationship happen. It is a blessing to have someone special but perhaps that blessing is not for me, or not for now. I don;t want to be bitter or jealous. I have many other blessings, and I have to keep my focus on those. Its the only way.

You know, I am single. Got married but now going through a divorce. LIfe happens. You first have to be a friend to yourself and enjoy your own company before you have anything to offer someone else. I have found that i am happiest being single when i am doing for someone. It can be helping them out, listening, talking, making things, or offering my time. In the process without realizing it you are networking, making friends and life opens up wonderful surprises for you. hope this helps. blessings.

I have a practically perfect relationship, but I'm still not happy. I'm still incredibly lonely because he works all the time and I don't have any friends. I still have my demons. Even once you find someone, you still have to find a way to be happy with yourself, by yourself. If you start working on that before you find someone, it will only be easier.