Hi. I'm new to this. My husband is stage 4 cancer I was w

Hi. I'm new to this. My husband is stage 4 cancer I was wondering if there is anyone else on here like me.

5 Hearts

welcome to the group. feel free to write anything you want. vent, ask questions or just whatever's on your mind.

2 Hearts

i'm new also. My husband has stage 4 cancer. It's truly hard living with someone when they know they are going to die. It's just a matter of time. I don't know what to say to him to cheer him up.

1 Heart

@pickytrish
The one thing I will say is let the person talk about death and dying to you if they so choose…also, there is a really good book that might help you:

On Death and Dying: What the Dying Have to Teach Doctors, Nurses, Clergy and Their Own Families by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Often times that is what the terminally ill need most to find peace. Unfortunately, they are often denied this by their significant other or family members.

tracym Im new also to the board but I lost my own husband in 2001 from lung cancer. Now I have a significant other who is dieing with COPD in the advanced stages. It takes just one day at a time. Don't know the whole story so I can't really say what I might think. My situation is getting worse by the day. He is so scared and upset by having to be on oxygen at least half of the day. You cannot live this for them but just keep being there for them. When they are gone you will be ever so glad you put all the effort you had into it. Search out for friends that can listen to you. Keep him in your heart. No one is really like you for we are not part of your life but we are able to help you share the pain in all that you do. God bless and keep you and your husband. gx

My husband also is stage four renal cell carcinoma

I have been there and done that with the cancer thing. No easy answer for anyone dealing with this. I lived through the experience but no one can even understand the loss of self when we care for someone.