Hi! It's been a while since I wrote on here. I finally got a

Hi! It's been a while since I wrote on here. I finally got assessed for a new psychologist. This time, I have sought out someone specifically for my eating disorder. In about two weeks I'll have my first meeting with her! I have had to wait two months for this assessment, and I happened to be assessed by someone who specializes in eating disorders! I feel like it's under wraps pretty much, but I still struggle at times...I am trying to get a new job, and I don't want to associate that new job with binges. That happened with my current job...now, as soon as I get there, until the minute I pull out of the parking lot, I am fighting the urge to binge and binge and binge....I will still have moments, I'm sure. But, maybe having a counselor will help! I'm so excited! Maybe things will start to even out, and I will get the tools to deal with the urges. I'll still be working at my current job once every couple weeks...so I'll need something to keep me out of the cookie jar.

Its frustrating that we respond to hurt, fear change etc by binging. Glad you feel you have progressed. I always say dont set yourself up for failure. That us, keep the "cookie jar" empty.

@lisajd YES!!! That is what I do at home…I only have food that is healthy for me…except of course the occasional banana bread that I make for my husband. But, he does a good job keeping me accountable and on track…BUT when I am at work, the only thing I have to eat is either sweet or salty foods that are my binge foods…that’s just what they eat. I try to bring a lunch, but the kids I watch end up eating it, which triggers my eating disorders because I feel like I’m starving…grrr. I believe that things are going to be looking up in the near future. Thanks for your support!