Hi. I've had PTSD for over a year now. I go to therapy. I wiHi. I've had PTSD for over a year now. I go to therapy. I

Hi. I've had PTSD for over a year now. I go to therapy. I wish there was a group I could attend. I feel as though it's tearing my relationship with my boyfriend apart. I put him through so much that he doesn't deserve. Last night, I lost my temper and I physically abused him. Slapped him, punched him. This is not me. I'm not an angry or violent person and I just had this outburst. I feel so undeserving of his love and I am disgusted at the atrocities I committed against him last night. This man is a wonderful supportive human being and I cannot forgive myself for the way I've treated him and what I did last night. I don't know if this is normal. If my PTSD causes this. I feel so hopeless.

2 Hearts

You are both welcome here. Hugs and welcome!

@Survivor1389 Welcome to SG! You will meet many wonderful people here, fondly called SG friends. The bottom of the page is a FAQ, it will assist you in navigating the site. The top right side of this page are numerous groups, also there's is a Support Someone icon, familarized yourself with them. You may join as many groups as necessary. There is a PTSD group. SG friends are here, to support, and be supported. Be strong the best is yet, to follow.......

I can relate. I've hurt someone in the same way who only shows me love and kindness. Anger and frustration are normal and valid, and the outbursts of violence and abuse do not define who you are. When this has happened in my relationship I feel ashamed and even worse afterwards. I think it's important to talk to the person about how you were feeling in that outburst and that you truly didn't mean to do it... I wish the best for you and am here for you.

1 Heart