Hi this is my first time here so I felt I should give a gene

Hi this is my first time here so I felt I should give a general introduction.
I've had epilepsy since I was 14, I'm 20 now. I have generalized epilepsy and my specific type causes me to have seizures within 1 to 2 hours after waking. I have full grand mahl seizures before I which I blackout completely and regain consciousness afterwards, I've lost track of how many I've had cause my memory is terrible. They've all been bad and most all of them have been near death cause I fall head first on my hard tile floor, almost broke my neck when I had one in the shower. I have to take medication every morning and night and if I miss my dose then I have a seizure.
But it doesn't stop the shaking, the twitching, the fidgeting and the tremors. I hate the feeling.
I hate that this is a part of me and I've tried to ignore it but it causes so much pain and it's screwed up my whole life.
I can't talk about this to anyone cause no one really understands the pain I go through everyday.
I'd appreciate any one who wants to private message me, I'm a very personal and private person so one on one conversations help a lot. Feel free to leave comments as well because everything helps.
If you read all of this then thank you for acknowledging me, I appreciate your interest and any support you may offer.

1 Heart

Welcome to the site and group. I don't know much about this condition but there are so many others in this group that will reach out to you and I just want to say I am glad that you are here. Big hugs. xo

1 Heart

@Jennipain Thanks, I’m happy to be here too and hope to talk to many more people her and get the support I need.
Also, thanks for the hugs. :slight_smile: