How can I make a real change

Hi,
My name is Kirstin, I am 37 years old and I am really trying to make some changes. I feel like I do not know how to, I want my life to be different this time next year instead of being in the exact same situation that I am now and have been in for the last 8 or so years of hating where I am at dreading every day, every night, every phone call, etc. I feel like I am wasting my time to try to make goals and change the things that I so desperately need to change because I have never been able to actually follow through with anything, ever! I feel broken and I do not know why it "looks" so easy for everyone else but not me. My children are getting to the point where they are old enough that they do not need me and I feel like I wasted their lives being screwed up and now I am losing them. I really want to make real changes, I want to look back in a year from now and not recognize my life today but I do not know how because I have never done it before.
Thank you for letting me vent and I would love any advise or input!
Kirstin

Do you have any hobbies or close friends that you go out with?

Hi there, thank you for your reply, I feel pathetic but I have no hobbies that I participate in, there are things that I enjoy but I have not done anything with them in years. I really have no friends so no one to do anything with.
Thanks,
Kirstin

Kirstin, vent anytime you want we're listening. Wanted to add that your kids will always need you & all us moms out there it just goes that way, usually money or babysitting grandkids & on rare occasions ADVICE :)

Talk when you feel like it, we're here.

April

I know what you mean about the hobbies. I kind of gave up all of mine over the last 10years or so since my divorce. I also, have no close friends. So the feelings that you are having are very familiar to me also. I have been picking up reading again though recently. And that fills my time pretty well. Is that something that might interest you? I could recommend quite a few good books. I have been saying that I am going to start walking, but can't seem to get myself jump started.

Well if I can help you out, please let me know!!!

Hi sneeze, How can you make real change? By taking baby steps and making changes a little at a time. Make a list of what you want to change and work on it one at a time. Making alot of changes all at once can be overwhelming. Take it one day at a time also with making changes. Keep checking in and letting us know how you are doing. We are here for you. ((((hugs))))

Sneeze do you like working w/your hands? or are you an internet person? I like walking, not power walking, just a plain enjoyable walking w/my dogs.

The others mentioned some good ways to start & as previously said, start small.