How do I know if I have an eating disorder?

I'm new here and can't quite figure out if what's going on with me is something to worry about. In May, I had a traumatic event happen and completely turned my life upside down. At first my not eating was a reaction to all of the stress. But something has shifted in the way I now think about not eating and not wanting to put food in my body. I've lost a lot of weight and people who I work with are starting to say things out of concern. They think it's still stress. But I lie to them about if I've eaten and try not to be around anyone at meal times. I don't think this behavior is typical of an eating disorder. Does anyone think this is anything to worry about?

Are you INTENTIONALLY restricting and not eating?

Yes. Now I am. And it gets harder and harder not to restrict by the day, and even restrict more and more.

Then yes, you've answered your own question. No one here can diagnose you as having an eating disorder but if you are intentionally restricting and not giving your body what it needs....thats a problem. You should speak to your doctor about this...

Art..please see a professional and seek the help of someone who is experienced and knowledgeable of eating disorders. It may take some looking, but getting specialized help is critical in order for you to get better!!
The sooner you get help, the sooner you can get your life back and recovery completely! Take care...Jan ♥