How do you stop loving someone who doesn't love you?

How do you stop loving someone who doesn't love you?

Time and distraction

3 Hearts

Learn to use all that love on yourself.

3 Hearts

I'm basically somewhat in same situation...I wouldn't call it that I'm in "love" but I can't seem to stop thinking about this person who doesn't like me back. I have never felt this way towards any one either. once I see some one who isn't interested in me I move on, but this person I just can't seem to get them off my head for some reason. It's hard being their friend...sometimes i wanna stop talking to them so I can get over them but that would probably be mean. Im pretty much depressed about not being with them and I don't like this feeling at all. Best we can do for are selfs right now is to distract are minds from them because it'll just drive us crazy thinking about some one who isn't thinking the same for you. it sucks I know, but like the previous commenter says, " Learn to use all that love on yourself" who ever you are thank you for saying that because that also relieved my pain just a little bit I don't really show myself love that much.

1 Heart

You have to MENTALLY ACCEPT it first; which is the hardest part. Then start to invest your time and energy in upgrading yourself in all aspects to avoid feeling that deep dark empty hole in your chest that comes when your love is not being reciprocated.

When you've healed , move onto the next in order to get on with your life.

1 Heart

Its just a matter of time. Time heals and although it really sucks at the moment you get through it and sooner or later you forget why you were hurting in the first place.

Very slowly. It takes time to get over someone. You've clearly decided that they're just the most wonderful person on the planet and so you NEED to be with them. That's love, isn't it? The wanting and needing? What if you just said to yourself -- I love them but I don't need anything. I don't need anything back, don't need to do anything about it. Love just is this feeling I have. Right now it's about them -- but someday -- it could be about someone else. I think the big issue is YOU. You'll feel sad that the love isn't returned. What can you do about that? Just feel sad for awhile. Journal, artwork, write poems. Long walks. One day you'll feel a tiny bit better and then slowly but surely your spirit will rise up out of the sadness. We were all meant to soar like kites. Definately hang out with people who like you and treat you well. I've had friendships that really deepened when they knew I was going through some hard stuff -- and they were there to support me.

From Anxiety & Panic Disorders to Sexual Orientation Exploration