How to deal with the loss of an online friend?

Hello, friends.

I am writing because I've just come out of the other side of a four year grief experience over the loss of an online friend, and lo and behold, I've been thrust back in, with the loss of another online friend, whose four year battle with anorexia came to an end on the fifteenth of January. I'm struggling, because I only heard about it on the twenty-second, and as a result was unable to perform any of the prayer rituals that I'm used to doing when somebody close to me is on their way out of this world. (Nothing elaborate, just a 'Godspeed, keep them safe, and speed them Home' sort of thing, but more appropriate during the actual final days.)

Hoping to find advice/support here.

Thanks,

Shady

Shady,

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. I'm sire if you say a prayer explaining to your holy entity of choice that you didn't hear about the loss until days later and then continue with your prayer rituals he/she/it el understand. However I am not see of your faith so I might be wrong in saying that. I just want you to know my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend. And if you ever need someone to talk to please feel free to contact me.

All the best,
Maggie

maggie

we all deal with loss in our own unique ways hon and im sure it doesnt matter when u say those prayers or wether they are the right faith, its the sentiments that matter
u become very close in online communities and it doesnt matter who or what is the illness we all reach out and offer support and condolences as needed

if u feel the need to do more write an online post fittin to the occasion like u have done here and know that all blessing reach the right ears

love D :)

I'm sorry you are having to deal with the loss of an online friend again. Take a look at what helped you get over the loss of the last one. Things may not go the same this time, but past experience should help.