How To Stick To Your Healthy Diet

Here are tips on how to stick to a healthy diet that I found to be very helpful;

"We all know how to eat. Diet means knowing what to eat. Thanks to the internet, everybody knows what not to eat (sweets, junk food etc.) but there seems to be a lot of confusion about what to eat. On this diet advice and daily healthy eating plans page we try to answer that question – specifically, what should be in our diet.

Carbohydrates (Carbs)

Our first healthy eating diet advice and healthy meal plans is to eat your carbs. Carbohydrates are vital because it provides us the energy for our day to day activity. It is our “battery” that powers us through the day. Additionally, carbohydrates play an important role in the synthesis of our DNA, our hormones, create powerful antioxidants and protect our cells and tissues from damage and ageing. Apart from all this, carbohydrates help in the functioning of our brain cells. Which is why if we are hungry, we can’t seem think straight. If we are low on carbs, our brain cells draw energy from limited reserve fuel supply (similar to your car switching to reserve gas when you fuel tank is empty). When that is depleted, our brain puts the body into sleep mode and kind of shuts down. So now you know just how important carbohydrates are. But are all Carbohydrates good? No of course not. But that’s an issue we shall tackle elsewhere...."

http://www.newsmaker.com.au/news/6668

Source: newsmaker.com.au

Info overload! Thx PD!

You're funny Lilac! I never mean to overload, just share when I read something that's helpful. I do my daily research and if it's helpful, then I'll post it.

Oh no its much appriciated! I was kiddin

I know! I love your sense of humor...please keep it coming!

Could you post some good carbs to eat? Thanks.

Thanks for the info! Yes could u give us some examples of good carbs to eat?

Hello there! Here are examples of good/healthy carbs:

- Whole Grains, such as steel-cut oats, oatmeal, whole grain bread. Look for whole oats, whole grains, or whole wheat to be first on the ingredient list

- Barley, Brown Rise, Bulgur

- Whole Wheat Pasta

- Vegetables

- Fruit

- Yams

- Lentils