How to stop being sensitive?

How to stop being sensitive?

Do you feel like you are too sensitive?

@CKBlossom with certain issues I am, If someone is mean to me it affects my mood the whole day and causes me to question myself and blame myself rather than look how to mean the other person is at times. It is almost like self pitty.

Sensitive to what? Some senses are useful to warn us of danger or injury. If we overreact to some types of stimulation, we may be run down and frazzled.

If we are experiencing ptsd like symptoms, we may have a tendency to be quite reactive when we are triggered. Healthy life style and somewhat calm daily routine supports a less stressed nervous system.

1 Heart

@andine I’m keeping a lavender oil bottle next to my workspace, it’s helping me a bit. Sometimes I just get triggered when someone’s mean to me or rude to me. I wish to not take things to heart and ignore certain things, it’s just a bit hard.

@CKBlossom Thank you :slight_smile:

Why would you have to stop? This is your personality and it makes you who you are. Dont change for anyone.

1 Heart

@piikoi07 I don’t know, I don’t really care how outsiders perceive me, it is just that people who are close to me take advantage of this trait. I want to learn to not take things to heart.

What's the reason that you want to stop being sensitive? Is it because people tell you that you shouldn't be yourself? You're allowed to feel how you want, but there's no reason to stop being yourself. A sensitive personality trait is a good thing. You can show great empathy and understading and creativity.

1 Heart

@SimonaAlex It’s not what someone said, but it’s how I feel hurt very easily or I’m highly empathetic to people who don’t deserve it or self-blame myself most of the time. I’ve recently started with boundaries and I often not sticking to them, it’s hard for me to be like no. I don’t wish to be taken for granted and take things to heart, where I should just let go.

SimonaAlex is spot on. This is who you are. Dont change for anyone. You be you.

2 Hearts

what a good question

1 Heart

Im glad this question is out there bc I fall into a total Sensative for many years maybe just finally understanding its nature recently.
Sensativity is completely what my creativity is about and that part is good but the other part is not being able to stop the feelings and impressions that I feel come at me like arrows. Those can also carry self-doubt and negativity...

2 Hearts

@Littlesis7 Yes you are right! I am in a creative profession. From what I noticed is sensitivity is beneficial creatively, it’s just that certain situations and people cause self-doubt.

1 Heart

Sorry for the super late reply! I took a brk from Sg for 4mos -it kept logging me off or deleting all my content.
This new Sg format is crrrraaaazzzy.
Hope you are doing alright these days?!