I am 33 y o single no kids parents pass long time ago. My faI am 33 y o single no kids parents pass long time ago. My

I am 33 y o single no kids parents pass long time ago. My family treats me like a defect and black sheep. Im successful at work but social life sucks . Thinking of going to a singles new years eve party in the city. Any thoughts? im a introvert mostly , except at work i take a leadership role so im forced too to take the lead. Im trying to start the year on a positive note. I was cliniclaly depressed and suicidal in highschool. Im desperatly trying to change the cercumstances in my life

1 Heart

It can't do any harm to go, even if you don't meet someone for a relationship but just meeting new people and making friends would be good! Keeping busy is a good thing, and I am pleased you know what to do with your life to change things around! I believe you can do it:3

I love your drive and perseverance! Do you have the opportunity to go to a party where you know people, or go with a "wingman"?

1 Heart

The tough part about family is once you have been labeled by them they are pretty unwilling to change their minds no matter how much you change. That is so sad that the people who should care the most can hurt us the most. Keep positive and don't let them pull you back into that label. Sounds like you are taking positive steps. Maybe a new environment with new people would be a good starting place just be careful it is also a good place for predators looking for lonely desperate people.

1 Heart