I am 48 years old and would like to go off sugar. It is the

I am 48 years old and would like to go off sugar. It is the one area of my life that I have no control over. Every day I wake up saying I will not have sugar today and by 2 pm I have caved. I know this is not good for me and eat way tooo much sugar. I am looking for peers to support me and I them in trying to go off sugar. I am wanting to pick a date to stop sugar and have a small group in place to text when things are difficult. please reach out to me if you are interested. Please be serious in your willingness to try and your willingness to help. Thank you and I know together I/we have a better shot!

1 Heart

Hello and welcome to support groups! That's great that you want to cut sugar out of your life I have read many articles that suggest weaning off instead of quitting abruptly. This is a good time in your life to do this as sugar can make hormone issues worse. Hope this helps and you keep reaching out for support!!

@mechele thank you

Hi! I would love to communicate via text or e-mail, motivating each other to get off sugar!!! I really want to try by starting simply with sweets (desserts, pastries, cookies, ice cream, candy), because I feel that's what I have the hardest time with. I am 23 years old and want to be free from sugar!

1 Heart

@kizzle83 I am new to this and don’t know how to share cell phones or emails without it being public, do you know?

Hello, to send private messages you must be supppoting yhe person you want to message and they supporting you...click on the person's name, when it goes to there profile click the green support button and have your friend do the same. You can pruvate message moderators at any time. Hope this helps!!!

@mechele thank you

@mechele thanks!

2 Hearts