I am a 14 year old girl going through the ups and downs in m

I am a 14 year old girl going through the ups and downs in my life and struggling with severe trich. It all started when I was about 11 or 12 and as the years go by, its gotten worse. I started with my eyelashes and nearly picked them all off. My parents noticed and I went to a therapist. It helped but not enough. I started to pick my eyebrows 8th grade year and then I had no eyebrows and had to literally color them in. I was embarrassed to look at anybody. Now i see a doctor who isn't really a therapist but sorta is I don't remember the name. Now I have started to pull my hair. First I play with it and as I find a piece that is thicker than the rest, I yank it out. My hair used to be so thick and luxurious and now it is much thinner than it used to be. I am literally going mad. I have no tears left to cry and I truly feel like I am completely alone. I had a friend who suffered with trich as well but she didn't go to the full extent that I have. When I tell my friends, they don't understand and think that I can just stop. I can't. Please help me. I've never felt so alone.

Welcome to the group. You are not alone. I'm in the same predicament as you are. I pull my hair out as well. It's getting so thin I don't know who I am anymore. I'm sorry that you are going through this.

1 Heart

I started pulling at age 15 or 16. My hair is thin too, it sucks. Especially when your hair used to be a lot fuller. You're not alone, there's so many of us that have it. You can talk to any of us in this group about it. I'm sorry that you're going through this too, it's not something that any of us want to have. :(

Hey, we're all here to support u!
And yeah... Seeing my hair thin out and not recognizing myself in the mirror is the hardest...
At this point I wear one big extension and it's amazing for my confidence! I don't feel that self conscious in public anymore... And I feel good about myself!

2 Hearts

Im 12. and i just started too I'm one of your suporters

1 Heart

@Jade_
@Gogirl4687
@PrettynPink29
@Wolf_Girl12124

1 Heart

Thank you all so much. Today was really really bad as I picked a lot. I’ve just been having such a hard time not picking, especially during school. If you guys have techniques that work I would love it if you shared. I have done some before that helped but I would also like to try some new ones and see if they may or may not work better. In the past I have written in a journal, put bandaids over my fingers, done deep breathing, sat on my hands, and played with bracelets. However it has been very hard to stop pulling my hair on my scalp because I am not using my nails to pull it out. I am instead finding thick rough pieces and just yanking them out. Any suggestions I would gladly take!!! <3

Well, there is one way that could help. What my mom and dad do is make me wear a hat to school so I Don't pluck and wear a hat all day. So what I would do if I were you is ask your teachers and your printable if you can wear a hat all day in school. My scalp is almost completely bald because I pluck so much so I would try the hat if I were u. :)

1 Heart

@Wolf_Girl12124 Thanks! The school I go to allows hats, ball caps and stuff as long as the teacher is ok with it. I have hats that have my school name on them too so im sure that would help thanks so much!!! So happy I got on this website its a huge help knowing that people UNDERSTAND

From Hair Loss & Baldness to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)