I am a 47 year old and was diagnosed with follicular Non Ho

I am a 47 year old and was diagnosed with follicular Non Hodgkin's, I had my pet scan today, and meet with the doctor on Thursday with the results to see what stage I am in. the only systems I had was being tired. I am nervous not knowing what to expect. Could someone let me know their experience with the form on lymphoma

1 Heart

I don't have personal knowledge, but I did find this online and thought it might be helpful. http://www.lymphoma.org/site/pp.asp?c=bkLTKaOQLmK8E&b=6300155 Hugs!

@ trishann2833.....getting follicular lymphoma is a good thing....slow growing....that's what I was first DX with....I did wait and watch at first...that lasted like 2-3 yrs...then I finally needed treatment, which consisted of 6 cycles of R/CHOP...had 9 yrs remission!....

Your going to be ok, it's not a death sentence anymore...there's positive options out there for us...I recommend getting a 2nd opinion if you can....I had a 2nd and 3rd opinion...

You can do this!...I was 37 when first DX, now I'm 55!

Keep the faith

Irish

thanks a lot for that information, I start my first treatment on Thursday .

@Trishann....how are your treatments going?...I'm hoping ok, and sending good vibes your way!

Keep the faith

Irish