I am a mother of a 1.5 year old and am married for 2.5 yearsI am a mother of a 1.5 year old and am married for 2.5

I am a mother of a 1.5 year old and am married for 2.5 years. I am currently 22 weeks pregnant. I have no family, my parents passed away on August 2014 and one July 2013. I have nobody to support me through my pregnancy so I look to my husband alot. But he really isn't no support either. Today he told me that pregnancy isn't a big deal. Yeah I have pain but it's not bad. And yeah I push out a baby at the end and I only have to do it once. He acts like I'm not doing anything. I know he is educated on pregnancy cause he read books with our first and was very supportive. Now that we are having another baby, he seems like he doesn't care and this baby has caused nothing but problems between us cause I feel no support, I have honestly thought about having a abortion. What do I do?

3 Hearts

maybe hes depressed and has anxiety. get him into therapy. Even churches have free therapy

He will not do so. I have suggested it for other reasons. He won't even take his meds he was given for it.

well...you have some thinking to do. whats your next step?

Honey, women have been supporting each other through pregnancy since the beginning of time. This fathers thing is a very recent phenomenon. Your husband is obviously having some stuggles right now, but you have too much to do right now to take care of him. You're nurturing a baby. Besides once he sets eyes on the baby I bet this will all be forgotten. Many young fathers start worrying about finances and maybe that's what this is about. But for now lets focus on you and the baby. The sisterhood is here. Not just on sg but I know a dozen women who would love to support you through this time. Depending on where you live we might even be able to get you a duola. If this problem persists after birth, there are therapists who specialize in attachment problems. Take good care of both of you. I've supported you if you'd like to message

2 Hearts

Plz try and b calm im here if u would like to talk

2 Hearts

Thank you so much for the support and I'm glad I'm not the only mother/wife that goes throw this. We do not worry about our financial, even though we are young (22 and 24) we have our life heading in the right direction he just got a major promotion so money isn't the problem. We are finally doing great and we are so blessed. We weren't talking about having another baby and 2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant with our second we didn't know it was gonna be this fast. At first he seemed bothered about having another baby, then he seem excited and even picked the name out and when we found out we were having another boy I went through a rough couple of days cause of past pregnancy issues and this possible being my last and I really wanted another girl then he starts talking about having a third to try to have a girl. He goes back and forth and I'm so confused. I don't know what to think. And I understand men will never know the pain for pregnancy and child birth but I wish he could cause he acts like it's nothing

2 Hearts

Congrats on the 2nd baby . Idk if it counts but i think hes just as confused . I mean u r both still young. I hope it all works out for u both