I am an 18 years old boy who drinks every weekend and get ve

I am an 18 years old boy who drinks every weekend and get very drunk at least 4 times a month for the past 2 years. Now i cant have a good time without drinking alcohol, also I feel I cant make out with a girl without being drunk anymore. what is happening to me?

2 Hearts

I have also done many stupid things I then regret when I am sober.

1 Heart

You are becoming addicted to the alcohol. The adictive tendencies are inherited. So if it runs in your family it will be harder to quit if that's what you choose. I suggest you investigate and learn about the effects of alcohol long term. Educate yourself, then you can make a knowledgeable decision about what choices you want to make for your future. I lived with an alcoholic for over 10 years. Half way thru when i knew he wasn't going to change i started learning what it was all about and what happens with long term use. Your future with this is up to you. I am here if you want to talk about it. I will pray that whatever decision you make it gives you peace. Good luck..

1 Heart

@Toomanyfeelings thanks a lot I appreciate it. Alcohol has ran in my family for many generations. Alcohol didnt use to be a problem for me, now my family has become very concerned because I come home drunk every weekend, i dont know what to do because it is really affecting my realtionship with my mom, my father is currently an alcoholic and I know how hard it is for my mom. I have tried to quit many times, but when I go out and start drinking and suddenly I dont really care about anything, even my mother’s feelings.

You obviously have an issue with alcohol so you can't pick up that first drink... maybe this isn't the best advice but i was thinking if you try taking a stacker or a hydroxycut an hour before you go out it will give you a caffeine buzz... you'll have energy and drink coke at the party and it will put you in a good mood :)
Plus, you don't want to drink and drive... the last thing you want to do is get a DUI... that will ruin your life.. Please... you need to have inner strength and will power.... take pride in the person you are.... tell your friends you care about them and their future and you are "the designated driver" it will make you feel good about yoruself... your friends will respect you... knowing they can always count on you...
There are AA Meetings you could attend so you can hear the stories of how alcohol has destroyed other peoples lives and how they overcame their addictions.

1 Heart

Stopping to drink was hard for me. Alcohol was controlling me and defining me as a person. I have stopped because I can't control it anymore. I miss it a lot but I do not miss the pain it caused my family and the discomfort of what it was doing to my body. I try not to count how many days I have been sober. I just live each day knowing I did not drink today or get drunk.

1 Heart