I am feeling ashamed and depressed about my over shopping

I am feeling ashamed and depressed about my over shopping.

you Should not feel shame for having an addiction issue. Do you have any local therapeutic support? Hope this site is helpful.

I'm tired of my overshopping. I know it's an addiction. I think I've had it all my life. It's exhausting. I've been looking at shoppers anonymous meetings and can't get anyone to respond via email. The information is quite outdated. I know for a fact that many of us are suffering from this and want to work on it. I've been to debtors anonymous and I can't relate because they don't focus on compulsive shopping. For years, I cycle from begining to work on this, reading books, talking to others, but then I slip back into shopping and feeling all the guilt, remorse and exhaustion that I've felt for a long time. This time, I want it to stop! I'm just beginning to look into starting a zoom support group for overspending based on 12-step recovery. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

1 Heart

Did you get any interest in the Zoom support group? I am but not sure I am feeling brave or confident enough to say out loud that I have a problem.

1 Heart

@tjh169 I completely agree with you, tjh. Funny, I belong to other 12-step programs, and this one is the hardest to admit to. And as I write this, I’m looking at an expensive coat (do I need it-I don’t need it, but I love it) and a pair of boots (will I wear them?) that I just purchased. I wish I knew how to get women together. Someone suggested my going to Debtors Anonymous and bringing it up, and people would come forward, then I’d have something to begin with. Can we contact each other privately on this group? I would give you my email address, so I could let you know if I get a group started. Thank you for your response.