I am feeling extremely overwhelmed at this moment. This is m

I am feeling extremely overwhelmed at this moment. This is my first time on here and my first time in a support group so I am not too sure how this is going to work. But, I am a single mom of a 18 month old girl and I love this little girl with all of my being and I am struggling to not take my frustrations out on her with the tone in my voice. I have so many things going in my life that are life changing and I try my hardest to not let them get me down but I am struggling. My baby should t have to see me struggle or in any pain and she shouldn’t have to deal with me becoming angry and impatient with her. Just don’t know what to do….

Hey there momma , you’re not alone. Trust me. I’m a new mom myself , my baby girl is just 6 weeks old, so I’m still pretty new to motherhood. Which is an adjustment within itself. I know you say your a single mom , but do you have any outside help ? From friends or family? Sometimes taking even 15 minutes to yourself to do something you love will help put things back into perspective. You’re doing amazing and you’re daughter will love you regardless of being frustrated or angry. Something that helped me the past few days , another mom told me , we most often use anger to mask deeper emotions, anger is very easy to understand and express , rather than sadness or grief. So what is it that you are actually feeling? Is it true anger, or is it something else?

@Arl521 first congratulations!! thank you so much for your kind words. I do have outside help, we currently live with my mom. And if it wasn’t for my mom I don’t think I would have survived the last year. I left the father of my child in July of last year due to many factors but the main one was that I saw one of us ending up dead or in jail if I stayed. My plan was never to stay at my moms permanently but the relationship with my daughters father only seemed to get worse. So I know my anger typically comes from everything that I have experienced over the last year. I know I’m not angry at my daughter I just don’t seem to have the patience I should have with her because I have so many other things going on in my head. Also, I work from home so I am literally with my daughter 24 hours a day seven days a week and never truly have time for myself. I do know I need time for just me but I don’t want to burden my mom with asking her to just watch my daughter for just a few minutes. I guess I’m just trying to figure all of this out because I thought I had my family but it just all fell apart last year.

Thank you so much!
I totally understand that. No relationship is perfect , including mine own, so I can’t definitely relate to what you are going through. Leaving your daughters father was a huge step. But a needed step it sounds like. Especially if it came down to yours/his safety. You made the right decision weather it feels that way now or not. You’re doing what is best for you and your daughter and that is what’s most important! It’s great that you have your moms help. A little help is always better than no help. I know it feels like a burden to ask for even 10 minutes, but how about trying to ask for 10 minutes once a week to start. See how it makes you feel , asking for the help, actually getting 10 minutes to shower , or send a text to a friend. 10 minutes isn’t a long time for someone else to lend a hand and most definitely is not a burden especially to those who truly love you and want to help you. I know I try taking on everything myself which most moms do, hell , most women do. But It’s ok to need help, it’s ok to not handle it all alone. Taking care of yourself is important too! I know you got this! Reaching out to someone is always a great first step. Talking goes a long way sometimes. And as you can see your definitely not alone , I’m up all hours of the day taking care of my daughter so I know how stressful it can be to work from home and feel like your trapped inside your own mind. You’re not alone girl! it just takes some time. You’re strong as hell!

1 Heart

@Arl521 thank you so much for your kind words. I just realized that today actually marks a year from when I left my daughters father so I guess my emotions have been all over the place. It helps to know that I have someone to at least hear me out even if it’s someone I don’t know lol. I hope you are enjoying motherhood because it is the most beautiful thing in the world.