I am feeling good today, have been this whole week. I don't

I am feeling good today, have been this whole week. I don't have a sense of time due to the brain injury, but I am pretty sure that my good feelings came on so strongly after an appointment with my craneo-sacral therapist. If you have a craneo-sacral person near you, take advantage! You have to trust the process, it's a bit (a lot) woo-woo, but if you let the therapist do their magic then there's a whole new level of release that takes place. My euphoric feelings won't last forever, they never do, but it's so nice to feel "with it" for awhile :)

2 Hearts

what is craneo-sacral therapist?

Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy is focused around creating a safe atmosphere or space for the client, holding appropriate practitioner boundaries and using a very gentle touch. The practitioner listens deeply to the fluctuations of the cerebrospinal fluid within the craniosacral system. The fluctuation of the cerebrospinal fluid creates a variety of tides within the system. As the practitioner — from a place of stillness — listens to these internal tides, the client's system begins to access its own inner resources ….perhaps a little like finding keys to previously locked doors. The cerebrospinal fluid — as it bathes and protects the brain and spinal cord — carries an intelligence and potency, which becomes mixed with other bodily fluids via the dural membranes. BCST therapists learn to listen deeply to the system, tapping into its inherent intelligence, focusing on the system remembering its original blueprint of health. The therapist encourages the client's system to access its resources, offering new choices and possibilities for the system at every level. Training, then, includes deep perceptual and centering skills as well as extensive study of the anatomy, physiology, and inherent motion of the craniosacral system.

This is from https://www.craniosacraltherapy.org/FAQ.htm#how_does_it_work

@Sunshines vey interesting…what is the cost per session?

@theriverbends I first saw a lady right after my son and I were hit by a car while walking. My son was 8 months old and couldn’t communicate his fears in language, but was unable to sleep at night, wouldn’t let me leave his side. I had my session first to test it out, I was pretty skeptical. I felt fear flutter through my heart and leave my body, then flutter through my gut and leave my body. While my son had his session he fell into a deep deep sleep. He was sitting in my lap when he fell asleep and he was sooooo heavy! We let him sleep a bit then went home. That night he fell asleep like a normal little baby, rolled over in bed, and stretched out his arms and legs. I cried. It had been a month since he had slept like a normal baby. I see my new lady now as part of an acupuncture session for anxiety, PTSD, and general emotional realignment.

@dare I had one lady who charged $180 per hour long session. Then I started going to an acupuncturist who is also certified in cranio sacral, so she can bill under insurance if she does both therapies in the session.

@Sunshines that would be higher here then… I just spent 800 in one month for chiro that is helping me move better but not the pain issues I have form accidents…still have the head pain and leg pain…insurance will only pay 750 no more because the company I deal with failed to file my claim in 10 days…this insurance company has gone to pot int he last ten years majorly…need another company to deal with .