I am feeling lost. Had first round of chemo this morning an

I am feeling lost. Had first round of chemo this morning and it went well except my shortness of breath got worse. Chemo is not going to help my liver metastasis so chemo to me right now is like a false positive way of extending life span. My primary is lung cancer. Having a hard time dealing with this diagnosis.

1 Heart

Hi Morton, if this isn't a plan you feel comfortable with have you looked into alternative treatments or something that you feel might extend your ability to actually enjoy the life you have left to live?

I have not looked into alternative txs yet. I do have a dr appt next week and I plan to ask some questions. I am also looking into some counseling. I read abt Milk Thistle to cleanse the liver and I am trying that unfortunately all info I have read liver cancer if its a rapid growing cancer there is not much hope. I am also considering hospice care when the time comes.

@MMorton Well hello, there is always hope. I have liver cancer and I self treating using alternative treatments incorporating three areas: hep c, liver cancer and cirrhosis. My self protocol treatment covers all three areas. If you want more information you can write me at [email protected].

I, too, have cancer that went to the liver from the primary source (in my case the gallbladder). One thing I've learned is that the primary cancer determines the type of cancer cells you find at the secondary location. So you have lung cancer cells in your liver. Maybe your cancer in the liver will react to the chemo intended for the lung cancer. I would have hope for that. Lung cancer has come a long way with much research to change its prognosis. Good luck to you. I hope it continues to go well.

I have stage IV liver cancer - and am also freaking out about it a bit- it seems so totally unreal, especially since I lost my grandmother in April of this year - it seems unbelievably cruel to get such a severe diagnosis and bleak prognosis right before the holidays, so I empathize with you @MMorton.

@Tommy2700 there is always hope. I have liver cancer and I self treating using alternative treatments incorporating three areas: hep c, liver cancer and cirrhosis. My self protocol treatment covers all three areas. If you want more information you can write me at [email protected]. I believe we would benefit from further discussion and support. If you want to call my number is 530 400 7048, As above my email address is there if you would like to communicate by email. Hope to hear from you. Rick B