I am so pissed at myself, I cannot quit eating sugar. GainiI am so pissed at myself, I cannot quit eating sugar

I am so pissed at myself, I cannot quit eating sugar. Gaining back weight I lost, feel like **** all the time. Start the day determined, and then before you know it I ate sugar, and cycle begins all over again.

1 Heart

Welcome here.
Sugar can be addicting. Have you talked to a dietitian or read about what you can do to slowly get off sugar or at least lessen the craving? I like what Heather Dane shares on her fb page...here's her main page. I've not used her services but I have read her free advice!
http://heatherdane.com/10-day-sugar-detox/

Keep a crapload of fresh fruit with you at all times! It's still hard not to eat the sweets, especially if there's chocolate involved, but having the fruit on hand has helped me a lot.

1 Heart

I hear you, Semka. I hear how hard this is for you and how horrible you feel when you get hooked again. You are not alone.

1 Heart

Semka, I hear how hard this is for you and how horrible you feel when you get hooked again. You are not alone.

Semka, I feel your pain. I can't seem to get through one day! Like the suggestion of having fruit on hand from useyourwords, but I'm afraid I'd just be trading one sugar for another.

I'm on my 2nd day of no sugar. This is not my 1st try, but I know I have to keep trying. I've made up a month long calendar, so I can chart all the changes--good and bad. This keeps it foremost in my mind, so I don't treat it as though another day won't matter.

I hear you. Fresh fruit,or anything sweet, does nothing for me except spur me on. I'm hoping to find something I haven't already tried. If we were on drugs, people would be there to help us, to understand our addiction. Not so with food.

2 Hearts

Be gentle on yourself. Your words create your reality, so if you choose consciously to change your thoughts or reframe the situation to be gentle to yourself (if this is difficult to do, imagine you are speaking to a three year old child and the things you would say to it and the manner in which you would say to it-then do that for yourself) it will change the emotions you feel instantly. Just breathe and refrain from attacking; allow yourself to unplug from today and the world that surrounds you. Immerse yourself in only positive thoughts and appreciation of the breath you are inhaling. Repeat daily

2 Hearts

@BirdieSoul wow!! So Beautiful m. I too think like that. Or I try anyway