I attempted suicide last weekend. I was almost successful

I attempted suicide last weekend.

I was almost successful. However, I woke up by myself the next morning barely functioning... Since then, I have been on suicide watch from my family and friends.

What I'm wondering is: Should I just go into my Hospital's Psychiatric Unit?... God know when I would be getting out of there once I'm in. And I have a 5 year old son that is only in daycare 3 times a week (all we can afford), and his Father can only take so much time off of work, or adjust his hours. I just don't have the childcare available for me to go into the unit... But I'm worried I'll try something again. I think about it all the time.. I know it's selfish, but it's what I'm living with right now, and have for the past year (and most of my life, but the past year has been BAD).

* Just for details' sake, I am currently diagnosed with having Skitzoaffective Disorder, Anxiety Disorder and Bipolar Spectrum Disorder. Depression is also a huge part of most of these.

Any advice you can give me on what I should do?... Thank you for your time.

Hi @Cnoble - I don't really have any advice. I attempted suicide once and it was a long time ago and all I can say is, I am glad I didn't succeed because my life changed for the better in a dramatic and unexpected way. As far as going the the Psych Unit, I don't know what to say. Is there anyone, a professional perhaps, that can help you make that decision? We are here to listen. Thanks for posting, I haven't see you in a while. Best!

Hey hun, message me and I can try to help you. I have been in your shoes and it is hard. I have been in hospital 4 times for suicide. You can get through this xx

It is painful to have to live day to day but think about the pain you would cause your child and family members
Your child will resent you for leaving him motherless during his most fragile and needy years in life
He will be an emotionally disturbed and possibly mentally messed up as an adult which will cause him intimacy and fear of abandonment
And even personality disorder of all sorts
You will just take the pain and hand it to your family
members
It won't go away it will change the person who feels it and multiply it

Right now the most important thing is to take care of you. I think you should go into the psych unit and get help for yourself. If you are having feelings of suicide still, it is important to get help now rather than later. Do it for yourself but also for your child. He will benefit from you getting help. The father will have to step up and watch the child. YOU need to do this. You are probably only going to get worse without the proper treatment. So get help now. best wishes to you.

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder