I crave connection

I miss the feeling of connecting deeply, honestly, sincerely, genuinely with someone. The last person I felt a really strong connection with just kind of “faded” away. It’s a long story that is better suited for another time. Still, doesn’t mean it wasn’t a really bad loss. I lost the only person I could send random or “not so random” pictures to. The only person who I could talk about anything with. The only person who’d support me no matter what. The only person I was excited about sharing things with. It’s been over a year without even so much as a hint of anyone else interested. Of course, I’ve waited over a decade before, but I really don’t want to die before I find a single other person in the world of 8+ billion. And this is a bit of a tangent, but it’s such a shame that, even with humans being the most intelligent animal on the planet, it’s much easier for some of us to die alone of natural causes than it is just to find a singular partner.

Hello @jonthecomposer,
We are here to listen to and support you. You are not alone. It is very difficult to deal with the feelings that you are experiencing. Although it may feel like it, this does not mean that all is lost. We are here for you.

1 Heart