I don't know what to do. I want to come out of the closet bu

I don't know what to do. I want to come out of the closet but I'm worried about how my Christian mom and step dad will react. I want to be able to be open about my sexuality but im not sure if it's safe to do so at my home, especially since I'm still a minor. Advice?

It's tough when you're a minor. It can potentially be considered a "phase." I hope your parents are more open about it. Maybe the best thing for now is to test the waters and see how they stand on homosexuality in general. How I'm handling it is just living my life, and if my family figures it out then I'll deal with it then.

Thanks. They've expressed before that they're not supportive or very accepting of it, but I don't know how'd they react to having an immediate family member come out.
That sounds like a good idea. It'd probably be better for me to handle it when I'm at least out of the house.

Hi Archan35. There are a lot of things to take into consideration and how your family and friends will react to your coming out is the most difficult. How old are you? Has there been any indication from your family on what their views are on homosexuality? There is no need to rush into anything it would be nice if you could just be open and honest about your sexuality but you have to take all the aspects of coming out into consideration along with what the reaction will be from those you come out to. Your sexuality shouldn't change how your family feels about you but unfortunately in many cases it does and many families have a difficult time coming to terms with having a child that is gay. It may help you to look for information that helps educate and provides support for parents of LGBT kids.
Take the time to carefully think everything through and make sure that the time is right for you to come out.