I feel guilty now

I feel guilty now. I read so many people with so many problems and I feel like I shouldn't be on here. It seems like so many people are going through worse things then I am. I have no credibility to be supporting anyone. Is this normal to feel? Has anyone else felt like this? Am I just sabotaging myself? I don't know why I feel like this...??? What could be causing me to feel this way?

I don't know about you, but I feel like I need all the support I can get regardless of the severity of my problem compared to others... I think it's wonderful that you're helping others by giving them support

Best wishes

This is my first day since I discovered this site and the sharing I’m seeing makes me feel good about people as I had mostly given up on nearly everyone. Compared to the majority I have no problems! so I’ll stop whining all the best

You're not alone; I feel the same way. This is the first support group site I've joined because I never thought I was unwell enough for it compared to the other users. They needed the help more than I did and I felt like I'd be wasting space. Even though deep inside I wanted help or even just someone to say, "I understand".

It was literally just yesterday morning that I came to a realization of how serious my problem really is and that coming to a support site is probably one of the best things I can do for myself right now. Besides, not like it'd do any harm... it could only make things better. And so far it has.

Even if you don't have a realization like I did, if you feel like you need someone to talk to or something, coming here was and is a great idea. It really isn't a matter of how bad your problems are compared to another person... it's how your problems are affecting you.

bluefroggie

u are a valued and much needed member of our community your posts help others its not whose got the worst condition or who has suffered the most its all about reaching out to help others and u do that all the time,

yes we all doubt ourselves at times but thats why our community survives doubts create post which generate feedback which inturn offers advise

so dont stop posting

as always loving thoughts and positive vibes
D :)

Thank you so much! That's exactly how I feel too. I have always felt that others deserve to get more help then me. That their problems are worse, so therefore, they need the help more. It seems I have always put others first before myself. Thank you for understanding. This is what I need. I just wish I didn't have to feel guilty about it. But talking about it here and getting support for it, then maybe it will get better. I do want that support and I feel my problems affect me deeply. And I have loved the support I have gotten. This site has been a great blessing for me and I thank you for your responses!

and Heroine-what made you realize how serious your problem was? I'm glad you have joined this site as well!

Hey just wanted to say I feel the same. I kinda feel like I have gotten so used to it all that I am just over reacting or something. That it is just normal and i should just suck it up and deal with it. There is a line in a song from Pink, “Did we get so used to this abuse it kinda feels like home?” May not be exact words, but you get the point. That is how it feels it is all i really know, so it’s just life, right? I am 40 and this is my lot in life, and I need to accept it and just deal with it all. Only problem with that is that I truly believe that God has more than this for me. I have to hold on to that. I have to keep that hope and believe that and keep the faith. If not I will give up and just die here.

I hope that helped at least let you you are not crazy nor are you alone.

TTFN

Blue - dont be silly. Everyone is here for different reasons...some may have more issues then others, but your problems are problems for YOU...otherwise you would not have searched for a site such as this. Everyone is here to support everyone <3 Don't compare yourself to others or think that you are not worthy of offering support....support can come in many ways..not just advice, but simply letting someone know you understand and would like to be there for them.

I'm glad I could help you feel less alone... I don't think it's all that uncommon for people to put themselves down like that. It's not good, of course, to think so low of yourself, but it's good to know you're not the only person feeling that way.

To answer your question, my main concern about myself is my ED... so my realization happened when I found myself literally seconds away from googling pro-ana sites. I was trying to come up with reasons to feed my problem. Part of me came to my senses and I just knew I shouldn't be doing this and I had to talk to someone who would listen. I'm glad I made the right choice.

hey ladies,

i think everyone is here for a reason. why would we sign up to this site if we didnt need it? i always feel like it too though, that i have no right to complain, i've no right even to have an ED or to self harm. i had a great upbringing, never any direct pressure from my family, i was good in school and so on. yet, i'm here wanting to end my life. and there is others who ahve it far worse or even people who would want to live but they can't cause they are fatally ill.

i think it's crazy that we even feel guilty for being ill! but the fact is, we're not well no matter why and going through this means all of us deserve help, deserve to post on this site.

if you think again that you shouldn't be here, just remember that every post you write helps at least one person!! what you write surely helps me!

keep your heads high ladies!

thousand hugs
maedi

It is impossible to compare our own struggles with anyone else's... It is only possible to compare our own struggles with our understanding of what someone else has chosen to share of their struggles... That's not a fair comparison. It's not accurate. It's not HELPFUL... ♥

The important thing to keep in mind is that YOUR feelings MATTER. If you need help, you DESERVE it! ♥ Everyone needs help at different times with different things... I think the problem with society today is the amount of disconnection we all experience... As much as we need others' support, we also need to support others! Doing BOTH, asking for and giving help to others creates a more caring, connected community. We can HEAL in that environment. ♥

Keep sharing, all of you! Doing so helps YOU, but it also helps US. ♥

Love,

Jen

Jen,

I was wondering why I was here. Your insight and explanation really helped me. Thank you so much. ~C

Jen, everythign you just said is so true and so wise. I wish more people out there could have the same compassion and interest and understanding as everyone on here.

but sometimes we have to make the first step for it, share our problems and have some faith in the people around us. only then wil we find out if they help or not.

reach out and hopefully you'll find a strong hand!

Thanks, Maedi. ♥

do not ever feel that just because someone has it worse than you that you dont deserve to be one here! everyone is on here for a reason--some abused, some not abused--or like me who has gone through severe severe abuse in life--some are depressed, some have anxiety , some have BPD, some anoreixic, some bulimic, or binge , --all these things are not really who we are as people! these are just things that have happened to us and or problems that happen in life----we all have different backgrounds, from different famalies, that developed different problems from whatever happened through out our lives...

you are needed here to and you do have a say!!!!

love
maureen

Froggie, it is very wonderful of you to keep lending a hand to others, otherwise how would people learn if one did not share their experiences & what they had learned from them, regardless if people listen or not. It is purposeful too.

Much love, April

what matters is something in your life is hurting you and you need help, the degree of the problem is in the eye of the beholder. My proplem of how I can deal well with my feelings in my realtionship as I come up, well it doesnt affect my work friends or family, but it hurts a woman I love and makes her cry. Its not the worst problem on a scale of 1-10 but its destroying our lives and our realtionship. so i am here looking for help, as you are for your problem.

I keep learning something I need to do to get better (here or elsewhere) - this week I am working on sharing my feelings in prvate as soon as they come up instead of holing it in untill I explode (sometimes in public)

here's hoping we all get the help we all need.

god bless and take care

Thank you to everyone! I appreciate you taking the time to help me! You are all so nice to take time out of your day to support me! Thank you for helping me see how important it is to not discredit myself and that I have even helped others! I will keep this in my heart and will try and remember how important I am, no matter what I am going through! I do feel I need it, and this proves how much I do. Thank you, my friends! It is so nice to have friends here. That no matter what I am feeling or what I have to say, it is always listened too and never judged! That is a great feeling! I can't explain how great it is to have a place I can go to to say whatever I need to! Thank you again! And I will continue to be supportive to you as well!

Jen, you speak from my heart!
Right now I can't stop smiling (don't remember when that happened tha last time) because i'm soooooo glad i found all of yo on here!

see, life can brig good things too!!!

xx

You are all so right, every one of us is here because we are in pain for whatever reason, and each persons problems are just as valid as the other. I think its great to be able to write to you all and communicate with others who understand. I see I am not alone, I am not the only one who feels left out of life due to things I did not cause or ask for. It is so good to have your feelings validated, to know that there are compassionate people still out there.
We are all important and no one should ever feel guilty about needing help Truth is, these days, I think everyone could probably benefit from therapy, or even posting and talking about our problems. The so called " normal" people around me are more messed up than I am, we at least are seeking the help we need.
best to all and take care of yourselves
dr